Monday, November 4, 2013

How To Get Underarm Stains Out/Waxy Build Up

Do you have a favorite shirt that you always wear that may have underarm stains or waxy build up on the shirt like my husband gets all the time? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKbwmWFp_bs 

I found this on YouTube and I tried it out on a few of my husbands shirts and low and be hold it works, at least for the waxy build up. I couldn't really tell if he had any stains because they were dark colored work shirts. 

But I gathered all of his shirts that he generally wears to work and turned them all inside out so that I could have contact with the waxy build up. I followed the recipe she gave in the video: 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide. Mixed it up in my bowl and then scrubbed on the shirts and let it sit for 30-45 minutes. I washed them like I would any other time. And BAM it was practically gone. There were a few shirts that I had to do this a few times to get the waxy build up off.  

My husband no longer makes fun of me for "trying" homemade things anymore!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment